Firstly CONGRATULATIONS on your forthcoming wedding! It can be a difficult decision to know who to choose to do your hair and makeup.
I like to think that I give an individual experience to all my brides. After all not two brides are the same! The most important thing is that you are happy with the level of expertise and service you receive. I want you to remember the experience for all the right reasons.
To help with any questions you may have I have compiled a list of FAQs that I receive. Of course, if you have any further questions; please get in touch!
Will we be able to try different looks at the trial?
Of course. Quite often I do a different eye look on each eye to help show the difference. Or we change up the lip colour. The trial really is the time to experiment, adjust and tweak the makeup and hair, until we land on a look you love. If you wish to see completely different looks that exceed the usual time allowance (see expected duration below) then you are welcome to book another trial at additional cost.
When should I have my trial?
Often trials are held 2-6 months before your big day. If you wanted a trial before that I’m happy to do the trial run whenever you’re ready, so that you can be sure you are happy with my work.
Do I need a top up kit?
Quite often I’m told a top-up wasn’t necessary but I would always advise having a couple of products just in case. At the trial, I will advise you what items you may wish to buy to keep your makeup looking fresh and flawless.
How long does a trial last?
Makeup only trials last between 1.5 and 2 hours. Makeup and hair last between 2.5 and 3 hours.
Is there anything you’ll need from me prior to the trial?
Before your trial, I ask to see images of looks and styles that you like to help my pre-planning. On the trial day, I speak to you about your usual makeup routine and ask to see pictures of your dress, flowers and will ask about the colour of your bridesmaids dress and colour theme as this helps me to build the perfect look for you. Pinterest is a great way of collecting everything together – you could send a link to your photo album by email.
Are lashes included with the makeup?
Strip lashes are included with all except for flower girls.
I’m worried my wedding date will go if I don’t have my trial ASAP – what’s your policy on this?
Wedding dates are held until the trial has taken place and then is released if you don’t pay the deposit within 14 days of the trial.
What happens if I decide I’m not sure about the look at the end of the trial and/or I change my mind on the look we’ve agreed after you leave?
- If you have had your trial but you’re still not sure, you are welcome to book another trial to try a different look. I want you not only look but feel fabulous.
- If you change your mind about your hair and or makeup after your trial and it’s not something we tried at the trial I would recommend another trial.
I will have a veil and possible hair accessory – will you help fit them and do you need them at the trial?
- If I’m doing your hair I can help you fit your veil and tiara.
- It is handy to have your hair accessories at the trial run so I know what I’m working with and you know how the final look will look. Equally, I’m happy to work with your tiara or veil on the wedding day.
- If you haven’t found your hair accessories – I don’t have any you can try but we can talk about what you like and can incorporate them into the hair design.
Where do you do trials and can you come to me on the morning of my wedding?
- I will come to you for the trial and makeup on the day.
- Please note there are extra charges to cover mileage over 20 miles from Gravesend and any parking fees, Dartford Bridge toll charge and London congestion charge, etc.
I’m vegan and as such only use cosmetics that are animal-friendly – would you be able to cater for me?
I use a variety of different brands. If you are a vegan and would want me to only use vegan or cruelty free products and brushes please let me know before your trial and I can prep my kit as required.
I have extremely sensitive/ problem skin and would like you to use some of my makeup – would you be happy to do this?
Following a brief discussion, I would be happy to use some of your own products.
I’ve seen a style I love but not sure if it achievable with my hair – can you help?
Quite often hair in magazines or of celebrities have either been heavily edited and/or have used faux hair to achieve the look. If you have fine hair, it might be we need to use some hair padding in order to achieve your preferred style. It also might be we have to go for a variation of the style you have chosen to work for your hair type.
What do we need to know before you arrive on the morning of my wedding?
- For hair up, I ask the bridal party to arrive with day-old hair eg washed the day before.
- Please leave your hair free of any leave-in products, deep conditioners if you are having hair up / curled.
- For makeup please have a clean face and let me know if there are any skin allergies beforehand.
I have a large party or early ceremony time – can you still help?
Yes, I would still be able to help. I work alongside another hair stylist and makeup artist on larger jobs and will split the booking as necessary. For this reason, prices for these services on larger jobs may differ and there might be an additional travel charge.
What should I expect from my bridal hair and makeup artist/stylist for my wedding day?
I only ever do one wedding per day. This means that I am with you for the duration of your wedding preparations. I always stay to assist with the dress and accessories so i’m on hand to make any last minute tweaks if needed.
How do I book?
Contact me via my contact form and I will check my availability and get back to you.